The Own Art Scheme 0% APR Finance for the purchase of original art
Trent Art Gallery are proud to have been selected to join the Own Art Scheme. Nationally, there are less than 300 Galleries chosen to offer the Scheme and Trent Art Gallery is the only Gallery in North Staffordshire currently operating the Scheme.
The Scheme that is supported by Arts Council England is in place to make art accessible to all.
The Own Art Scheme aims are:
- To make buying and collecting more affordable for everyone, and especially those on lower incomes
- To inspire more first time buyers of contemporary art
- To promote the presentation and sale of high quality works of art
- To support contemporary artists and the galleries that represent them by encouraging increased sales of work across a breadth of practice
The Own Art Scheme basics are:
- Loans are available from as little as £100 up to £2500
- The amount borrowed is then paid back over 10 months in equal installments
- The Scheme is totally interest free – the customer pays no fees or charges at all
- No deposit is necessary
- Loans can be used as a part payment towards a higher priced item
- Several lower value items can be included in one Own Art loan
- Framing can be included in the loan
- Customers can have loans running concurrently
- The Scheme is only for works by living Artists
With high quality original works of art to choose from, why not start a collection of your own today from as little as £10 per month?
How do I apply?
The first stage is the difficult bit – deciding what to buy! If you’re a first time buyer we will ensure that buying art doesn’t need to be a daunting experience. If something has caught your eye, we can give you more information about the artist, what inspired them and how they created the work. Knowing more about how and why the work has been made will develop your understanding of the artist, and add to the joy of ownership over the years.
After you’ve chosen your original art work our staff in the gallery will take you through the loan application process, which normally takes about 10 minutes. Once you’ve given all the information they need, you’ll get an instant decision.
Pop into our Brunswick Street Gallery where we will be able to talk you through the Scheme and help with any other questions you might have.
We believe owning art does not have to be a daunting process. The Own Art Scheme, being a trustworthy and reliable alternative method of collecting, will help you build a great collection of art.
Please visit the Own Art website for more information and the latest news about the Scheme here
Additionally, from September 2017, the scheme may now be used for purchases from £2,500 to £25,000, via Own Art Plus with zero interest split over ten months!